Pakistan Sniff Victory As Yasir Shah Destroys New Zealand


Tom Latham (44) and Ross Taylor (49) were at the crease at close as New Zealand need another 197 runs to avoid an innings defeat while Pakistan can level the series by taking another eight wickets with two days to play.

New Zealand won the first Test in Abu Dhabi by four runs last week to gain a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.

Taylor has hit six boundaries and a six in his return-to-form innings while Latham has hit three boundaries as the two have added 65 for the unbroken third wicket stand to take the fight to the Pakistan bowlers.

But the day belonged to Yasir, who rocked New Zealand in the first innings.

He also became the first Pakistani to take ten wickets in a single day, ninth in the world with England’s left-arm spinner Johnny Briggs doing it twice.

“When I was coming to the ground I was thinking that I must get ten wickets in the match, but never thought it will come in a single day,” said Yasir.

“I came from injury and didn’t get the needed rhythm against Australia (last month) but now I am getting it and very happy to achieve this feat,” said Yasir.

Rain had delayed the start of the third day by an hour but when the action started Yasir was lightening, bowling to his best ability on a turning Dubai stadium pitch.

Yasir dismissed Latham (22), Taylor (nought) and Henry Nicholls (nought) in his ninth over, triggering a collapse during which New Zealand lost all their ten wickets for just 40 runs after being well set on 50 without loss.

Yasir’s bowling figures — his 15th five-wicket haul — beat his previous best of 7-76 against Sri Lanka at Galle in 2015 and also the best against New Zealand.

Intikhab Alam (7-52) held the record for Pakistan’s best bowling against New Zealand, achieved at Dunedin in 1973.

New Zealand, resuming at 27 without loss, lost Raval in an unfortunate way as he tried to reverse sweep Yasir but the ball deflected off his bat to his thigh and hit the stumps.

Raval top-scored with 31.

From 50-1 it became 61-2 when Yasir had Latham caught at short-leg by Imam-ul-Haq off the first ball of his ninth over.

Two balls later he bowled experienced Taylor with a beautiful delivery that turned and beat the forward push by the batsman.

Off his fifth ball Yasir bowled Nicholls through the gap between bat and pad.

It was Yasir who ran Bradley-John Watling run out soon after lunch for one before dismissing Ish Sodhi, Neil Wagner, Ajaz Patel and Trent Boult — all without scoring in the space of nine balls.

Six New Zealand batsmen fell without scoring, making it the fifth occasion in a Test when six batsmen failed to score in an innings.

Williamson remained unbeaten on 28, watching wickets fell like nine pins at the other end.

With Sodhi’s wicket Yasir also completed 100 wickets in 16 Tests in United Arab Emirates (Dubai, Sharja and Abu Dhabi).

The third Test will be played in Abu Dhabi from December 3.



Source link

Seoul: North Korea destroys 10 guard posts to lower tensions


North Korea on Tuesday blew up some of its front-line guard posts as part of an agreement to ease tensions along its heavily fortified border with South Korea, Seoul’s Defense Ministry said.

In September, the Koreas’ militaries agreed at a leaders’ summit in Pyongyang to eventually dismantle all guard posts inside the 248-kilometer (155-mile) -long, 4-kilometer (2.5-mile) -wide border. They later withdrew weapons and troops from 11 of their guard posts and decided to completely dismantle 10 of them by the end of November.

Seoul’s Defense Ministry said it confirmed the dismantling of 10 North Korean guard posts on Tuesday. A ministry statement said North Korea had informed the South of its plans in advance.

South Korea began dismantling 10 of its guard posts with dynamite and excavators last week. Ministry officials said Tuesday that they haven’t completed the demolitions yet.

The Korean border, the world’s most heavily armed with an estimated 2 million land mines, has been the site of deadly fighting and bloodshed. Called the Demilitarized Zone, it was originally created as a buffer at the end of the 1950-53 Korean War.

South Korea had about 60 posts inside the DMZ guarded by layers of barbed wire and manned by troops with machine guns. North Korea was estimated to have 160 such front-line posts. Once the dismantling is done, the two Koreas are to jointly verify their work by the end of December. They haven’t decided when they will dismantle the rest of the guard posts.

Under the September agreements, the Koreas have also taken steps to disarm their shared border village of Panmunjom, halted live-fire drills along the border and have been removing mines at a front-line area to conduct their first joint searches for Korean War dead.

Relations between the Koreas have improved since North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reached out to South Korea and the United States early this year with a vague promise to achieve the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. U.S.-North Korea talks on the North’s nuclear program haven’t produced much progress since Kim and U.S. President Donald Trump held the countries’ first summit in Singapore in June.



Source link

Man finds engagement ring in rubble after California Camp Fire destroys home


A man managed to find the engagement ring he bought for his girlfriend in the ashes of his family’s former home.

Nick Maes was planning to propose to his girlfriend of two years, Shastina Hughes, before the deadly California Camp Fire devastated Butte County.

WOMAN SERVES AS ‘RING’ FOR COUSIN’S ENGAGEMENT PHOTO IN VIRAL MOMENT

Though the wildfire completely destroyed Maes’ parents’ Paradise home, the 26-year-old did not want to give up on the ring and decided to go back to the house to search through the debris for the safe he had stored it in.

“I knew he was going up there and was probably going to be on the local news,” the 35-year-old Hughes said to Yahoo Lifestyle, “but I had no idea what he was really looking for.”

Hughes said she was working a night shift as a nurse at the Enloe Medical Center in nearby Chico when Maes told her he had an opportunity to go see the house, Yahoo Lifestyle reported.

Maes and his father searched through the rubble trying to locate the safe. Miraculously, the longshot paid off – the two were able to locate the safe and pry it open with a crowbar, KCRA3 reported.

WOMAN FINDS HER DIAMOND BEFORE PROPOSAL AND ‘RING SHAMES’ HERSELF

The pair sifted through more ashes from inside the safe until something shiny caught the light.

“That’s it,” Maes said to KCRA3. “Oh, my gosh! Oh, wow! It is melted and there’s a bullet around it.”

The recovered sapphire engagement ring will need some work to restore it to its former beauty – but Hughes said she’s in no rush.

“I want him to be able to have his moment,” she said to Yahoo Lifestyle. “Some guys work so hard to plan that special question. I don’t want to ruin it for him. I’m trying my best to just let him do him.”

In the meantime, though, Hughes told Yahoo Lifestyle she’s happy their story is bringing joy to others.

“I’m so happy that our story can be the light in the darkness and people’s glimmer of hope,” she says. “Our story is not just for us, but it’s for our whole community.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

Hughes also told Fox News she is hoping the attention her story is getting will bring awareness to North Valley Community Foundation – a fund set up by Sierra Nevada Brewing’s Ken Grossman that sends 100 percent of the proceeds to help victims of the Camp Fire.

The California Camp Fire is only 55 percent contained as of Sunday. The fire has burned more than 149,000 acres and claimed 76 lives with 1,276 unaccounted for.



Source link

Man finds engagement ring in rubble after California Camp Fire destroys home


A man managed to find the engagement ring he bought for his girlfriend in the ashes of his family’s former home.

Nick Maes was planning to propose to his girlfriend of two years, Shastina Hughes, before the deadly California Camp Fire devastated Butte County.

WOMAN SERVES AS ‘RING’ FOR COUSIN’S ENGAGEMENT PHOTO IN VIRAL MOMENT

Though the wildfire completely destroyed Maes’ parents’ Paradise home, the 26-year-old did not want to give up on the ring and decided to go back to the house to search through the debris for the safe he had stored it in.

“I knew he was going up there and was probably going to be on the local news,” the 35-year-old Hughes said to Yahoo Lifestyle, “but I had no idea what he was really looking for.”

Hughes said she was working a night shift as a nurse at the Enloe Medical Center in nearby Chico when Maes told her he had an opportunity to go see the house, Yahoo Lifestyle reported.

Maes and his father searched through the rubble trying to locate the safe. Miraculously, the longshot paid off – the two were able to locate the safe and pry it open with a crowbar, KCRA3 reported.

WOMAN FINDS HER DIAMOND BEFORE PROPOSAL AND ‘RING SHAMES’ HERSELF

The pair sifted through more ashes from inside the safe until something shiny caught the light.

“That’s it,” Maes said to KCRA3. “Oh, my gosh! Oh, wow! It is melted and there’s a bullet around it.”

The recovered sapphire engagement ring will need some work to restore it to its former beauty – but Hughes said she’s in no rush.

“I want him to be able to have his moment,” she said to Yahoo Lifestyle. “Some guys work so hard to plan that special question. I don’t want to ruin it for him. I’m trying my best to just let him do him.”

In the meantime, though, Hughes told Yahoo Lifestyle she’s happy their story is bringing joy to others.

“I’m so happy that our story can be the light in the darkness and people’s glimmer of hope,” she says. “Our story is not just for us, but it’s for our whole community.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

Hughes also told Fox News she is hoping the attention her story is getting will bring awareness to North Valley Community Foundation – a fund set up by Sierra Nevada Brewing’s Ken Grossman that sends 100 percent of the proceeds to help victims of the Camp Fire.

The California Camp Fire is only 55 percent contained as of Sunday. The fire has burned more than 149,000 acres and claimed 76 lives with 1,276 unaccounted for.



Source link

Becky Lynch Destroys Ronda Rousey Despite Horrific Injury. Watch


Rousey then came out to help her colleagues but a bruised Lynch put her out of commission as she hit the UFC Hall of Famer with a steel chair three times.

The Man walked out with blood still pouring down her face.

Lynch then made an appearance on Tuesday night during SmackDown Live, despite the gruesome injury she suffered on Monday night at the hands of Nia Jax.

SmackDown General Manager Paige invited all of the women of the SmackDown roster out to the ring.

Paige spoke about how Lynch sustained a “severe concussion fighting for SmackDown Live” during RAW.

She announced that Lynch would come out and handpick a replacement to face Ronda Rousey at Survivor Series.

Lynch then went on to pick her replacement, saying it would be someone she knows can get the job done. 

In the end, Lynch picked Charlotte and said “you make her tap out the way I was gonna make her tap out.” Lynch then gave Charlotte a hug and left the ring as the rest of the roster embraced Charlotte.



Source link